We are a rapidly growing tech company that is on a mission to "show the world what a little hustle can do". Bacon is a gig-work app that connects established businesses to local gig-workers. We make temp work respectable and reliable by holding businesses and workers accountable to one another. Our app allows them to choose one another based on ratings, reviews, and performance. Businesses can post one or multiple shifts on the Bacon app while workers can apply for these shifts and work when it fits their schedule.
This flexibility attracts quality workers who would otherwise be unavailable, including college students, stay-at-home parents, second income earners, retired professionals, and veterans. These workers appreciate the opportunity to earn extra money, try new things, and build camaraderie with fellow Bacon workers. Businesses value the higher quality workforce that is provided through the Bacon platform and the ease of finding extra help when they need it.
We seek those who show up to get the job done and leave a legendary positive impression in all they do.
As an outside sales rep, you will develop a B2B pipeline of clients who will create an account on our temp hiring app and consistently post jobs on our digital platform.
This role requires a dogged determination to build relationships with potential clients and nurture them into revenue-generating opportunities.
The sales territory assigned to this role will be located in the DMV area — including Washington D.C., Virginia, Maryland, and the surrounding areas.
The industries that have utilized Bacon the most and that are a natural fit are: warehouse fulfillment & manufacturing, hospitality, catering, events, landscaping, construction, and janitorial. That being said, we have also partnered with many other types of companies that are in need of professional and reliable temp help.
• Research and target industries that need temp help, regularly canvasing territory for lead generation
• Meet in person with employer prospects throughout the territory to present the Bacon digital platform and program
• Consistently follow up with employer prospects through ebbs and flows of business cycles, converting them to clients that post jobs on the Bacon portal
• Become an expert on the Bacon hiring app and administrative management portal
• Work closely with Client Success and Worker Recruitment teams to fully service clients
• Network to build a base of business primarily in the employer vertical
• Become aware of ways to promote our corresponding worker base
• Strongly represent the company mission, vision, and values in all actions
• Maintain accurate records and documentation of all client service activity in HubSpot CRM
• *5+ YEARS OF OUTSIDE SALES EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• A visible sense of caring shown in natural behavior
• A self-motivated mentality and “go-getter” attitude
• An ability to set and achieve goals
• Solid people skills and phone etiquette
• Writing and communication skills
• Attention to detail and organizing work
• Basic computer skills
• Able to regularly drive to locations in the DMV district and the surrounding areas
• First-year OTE generally ranges from $85,000-$130,000. Second-year OTE ranges from $150,000-$200,000+
• Compensation includes BASE SALARY (between $55,000- $65,000 based on experience) plus UNCAPPED COMMISSION
• Be part of a fast-growing tech company that is building the gig economy
• Learn the ins and outs of growing a start-up that has already established a strong foundation
• Make a REAL contribution to the foundation of the company
• Accelerate your career as the company grows
• Computer and gas reimbursement provided
• Work REMOTE, from your home office, as well as in your territory
Our culture is crucial to all that we do. We expect all team members and platform workers to “Hustle and Shine.” Be ready to work hard and grow in exciting ways you haven’t experienced before. Although we value honesty and openness, we are always respectful in our communication and interactions as a team. We wear many hats, some within our area of responsibility and some to support the team. Bacon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation